Article by Eric Lee
Batman Day is coming this year and it will feature a digital-only adventure with the Riddler.
Batman Day is September 19th this year. Typically, DC hosts workshops and mini-events at bookstores and comic shops. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, DC is hosting an online “Batman and The Riddler”.
Using the DC Super Hero or Super-Villain playlists on Spotify while driving via the Waze Audio Player feature, fans can be enmeshed in an interactive Dark Knight adventure. Join Batman as you hunt for clues that the Riddler left behind. Finding the clues will unlock exclusive content for fans.
All of the activities begin on September 18th at 12pm PST on the @DCComics Twitter account.
Waze also has a special Batman and Riddler theme on their GPS app. From now until October 31st, get your directions from either Batman or the Riddler. Bat-fans will find Batman: The Animated Series star Kevin Conroy voicing Batman. Arkham video game series Riddler actor Wally Wingert reprises the role on the driving app.
But that’s not all. Check out the list of the other events that last throughout the month of September.
Official Activities List
- Caped Crusader Training: Are you ready to team up with Batman? In the week leading up to Batman Day, fans will have a chance to immerse themselves in all things Batman. Each day, visit BatmanDay.com to find new activities, such as DIY cape and cowl instructions, a how-to video about creating your own Bat-Signal, and more!
- Batman Virtual 5K/10K Run: Get your cape on and participate in the Batman Virtual 5K or 10K Run/Walk. Launching on August 31 in partnership with RAM Racing, the Batman Virtual Run allows participants to run their own race during the day or under the darkness of night (but with reflective gear for safety!). Registered participants will receive an exclusive collection of Batman-branded gear, including a premium quarter-zip pullover, finisher’s medal, cap and more. Learn more and register at https://dcbatmanrun.com/.
- Injustice 2 Mobile will feature back-to-back Batman Arenas, along with a special Classic Batman Invasion Event. Players will also be treated to a free Batman Day Gift and various sales on in-game chests and bundles.
- DC Legends will celebrate the protector of Gotham this Batman Day! Players who login on September 19 will receive a special treat, and can check out the store to unlock and boost up their favorite Gotham Super Hero or Super-Villain with a promo sale.
- DC Universe Online is celebrating Batman Day with an in-game Batwing form change trinket, free for all players, and a new Riddler-inspired aura for members between September 14-20.
- DC’s digital subscription service, DC UNIVERSE, will also be celebrating with some exciting news you won’t want to miss!
Batman Around the World:
- Fans in Mexico, Brazil, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, China and Japan can enjoy special offers, give-aways and exclusives on a variety of Batman comics.
- Italy Cartoon Network will host Batman themed programming starting on September 14 on CN+1.
- Fans can register now for the virtual Batman run/walk in Brazil (https://www.yescom.com.br/batman).
- In Japan, UNIQLO UT will be launching a collection of t-shirts and hoodies featuring Batman and other DC characters by renowned artist, Jean-Michel Basquiat, in all UNIQLO stores on September 18.
- Fans in the UK will be able to enter competitions for the chance to win Batman bundles. In addition, there will be retail promotions with partners.
Free Digital Comics & Activity Kits:
- DC will offer free digital comics including the first chapter of Batman: Curse of the White Knight graphic novel by Sean Gordon Murphy for adults and teens. Fans of any age can enjoy the free digital editions of Batman: The Adventures Continue #1 and the first chapter of the Batman Tales: Once Upon a Crime graphic novel. Readers can find them at DCcomics.com and ReadDC.com as well as Apple, ComiXology.com, Google, Overdrive, Madefire and Nook.
- Families can enjoy the timeless DC Super Hero with free activity kits to print at home, available at www.BatmanDay.com.
- Explore more of the Batman universe with a curated reading list on www.BatmanDay.com.
- HBO Max will celebrate with a Batman takeover of the DC Brand Hub from September 18-19.
- Key Cartoon Network international territories across APAC and EMEA will host exclusive Batman-themed programming and stunts for kids in September.
- Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC are also joining forces with an extensive list of retail partners, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target, iTunes, Walmart, GameStop and Google Play, among others who will have special Batman promotions.
- Global partners such as LEGO, SpinMaster and Funko will release exclusive Batman products in celebration of the DC Super Hero’s big day.
- Our Batman Day digital comics book sale will feature more than 400 eBooks and 3,000-plus digital comics, discounted as low as 99c for periodicals and as low as $5.99 for ebooks here.
- Hero Initiative, the charity that helps comic book creators in medical and financial need, is celebrating Batman Day with the Batman 100 Project! Hero commissioned 100+ top artists to do original drawings on DC’s Batman #75, and the originals will be auctioned at Heritage Auctions (www.HA.com/Batman100) September 13-19.
Batman Day is on September 19th.
Images May Be Subject to Copyright