All-Star Batman scribe Scott Snyder is ready to reveal the secrets to his master storytelling… sort of.
DC has released the names of eight lucky writers who will be taking a 13-week Writers Workshop, taught by the bestselling author. The chosen ones come from a competitive submission period that received 1,500 entries.
“We were blown away by the positive response to the DC Writers Workshop program,” stated DC’s Vice President of Talent Development, Bobbie Chase. “After reading through thousands of entries we’re confident this new class of 2016 represent the best and brightest aspiring writers in comics.”
The members of the new class, as well as their works, are:
- Owl Goingback (Brame Stoker award winner for Crota, Sealed With A Kiss)
- Erica Harrell and Desirée Proctor (writers of MTV’s Happyland and The Walking Dead: Michonne for Telltale Games)
- Al Letson (Planetfall, Imperfect, Peabody award winner for NPR’s State of the Re:Union)
- David Accampo (Lost Angels, Sparrow & Crowe)
- Aaron Gillespie (LadyDemon, Bionic Man)
- Ryan Lyndsay (Ghost Town, Negative Space)
- Tony Patrick (X’ed, writer of short film Black Card)
Scott Snyder said,
“I’m so thrilled and honored to be teaching this class again. The level of incoming talent is incredibly inspiring, and I’m deeply grateful to DC for giving me the chance.”
Fresh talent should always be welcoming to an entertainment company (which is DC’s purpose) and who better to show them the way?
Maybe check back in next year and see if any of the names above have turned into little Snyders.