Take a Sneak Peek into ‘DC Pride’ #1 before June 8!
‘Batman’ #109 Pride variant cover by Jen Bartel is revealed!
Get to know Crush from ‘Crush & Lobo’ ahead of the new miniseries!
New Progressive DC Pride logo debuts on June 1, and more!
DC Pride #1’s creators have come together to feature LGBTQIA+ characters from all corners of DC’s ever-expanding Universe, from Aqualad to Batwoman to Catman to Dreamer to Extraño and beyond! Check out all the incredible content that DC Pride #1 has to offer, and scroll down for previews of each story, the debut of Batman #109’s Pride variant cover, a first look into Crush & Lobo #1, and more!
- “The Wrong Side of the Looking Glass” by James Tynion IV, Trung Le Nguyen and Aditya Bidikar (Batwoman)
- “By the Victors” by Steve Orlando, Stephen Byrne and Josh Reed (Extraño and Midnighter)
- “Try the Girl” by Vita Ayala, Skylar Patridge, José Villarrubia and Ariana Maher (Renee Montoya)
- “Another Word for a Truck to Move Your Furniture” by Mariko Tamaki, Amy Reeder, Marissa Louise and Ariana Maher (Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn)
- “He’s the Light of My Life” by Sam Johns, Klaus Janson, Dave McCaig and Tom Napolitano (Alan Scott and Obsidian)
- “Clothes Makeup Gift” by Danny Lore, Lisa Sterle, Enrica Eren Angiolini and Becca Carey (Jess Chambers and Andy Curry)
- “Be Gay, Do Crimes” by Sina Grace, Ro Stein & Ted Brandt and Aditya Bidikar (Pied Piper and Drummer Boy)
- “Date Night” by Nicole Maines, Rachael Stott, Enrica Eren Angiolini and Steve Wands (Dreamer)
- “Love Life” by Andrew Wheeler, Luciano Vecchio, Rain Beredo and Becca Carey (Jackson Hyde and JLQ)
DC Pride #1 will also include full-page profiles of DCTV’s LGBTQIA+ characters paired with Q&A’s from the actors who play them. Javicia Leslie (Batwoman aka Ryan Wilder), Matt Ryan (John Constantine), Nicole Maines (Dreamer aka Nia Nal), Matt Bomer (Negative Man aka Larry Trainor), and Nafessa Williams (Thunder aka Anissa Pierce) all reflect on the characters they portray and talk about the impact their roles have made on themselves personally, and on fans who might have never seen LGBTQIA+ characters in live-action superhero roles before.
Through the month of June, nine Pride themed variant covers will feature artwork by Kris Anka, Jen Bartel, Stephen Byrne, Paulina Ganucheau, Travis G. Moore, David Talaski, Kevin Wada and Yoshi Yoshitani. Unrevealed until now is the DC Pride variant cover for Batman #109 by Jen Bartel, featuring Batwoman, Ghost-Maker, Renee Montoya aka The Question, Harper Row aka Bluebird, and the World’s Greatest Detective himself, Batman!
Crush & Lobo, a new eight-issue miniseries written by Mariko Tamaki with art by Amancay Nahuelpan publishing on June 1, spinning out of the pages of Teen Titans Academy, will debut with a cover by Kris Anka, a Pride variant cover by Yoshi Yoshitani, a 1:25 ratio variant by Christian Ward, plus an exclusive Dan Hipp team variant for participating retailers. In this new eight-issue miniseries publishing between June 2021 and January 2022, Crush, daughter of the Czarnian bounty hunter Lobo, is in full-on self-destruct mode! Click through to see more from this new series, including unrevealed covers by Khary Randolph, Sweeney Boo, and more!!
Featured on DC Pride #1 and on Crush & Lobo #1, and on all DC’s Pride variant covers publishing through the month of June, will be a DC logo featuring the “Progress” pride flag designed by Daniel Quasar. All are welcome in the DC Multiverse and are represented in the kaleidoscope of colors DC will proudly display! Stay tuned for more Pride announcements from DC between now and June!
For more information about DC Pride, Crush & Lobo, the DC Multiverse and more, visit the DC Comics website at www.dccomics.com and follow on social media at @DCComics and @thedcnation. Sign up for a free trial of DC UNIVERSE INFINITE at www.dcuniverseinfinite.com.
Images and Press Release Courtesy of DC Entertainment