Gotham has been airing since 2014 and the upcoming season five is to be the last one airing on FOX. Fans of the show are unwilling to let it go just yet, however. One fan, Denver Braganza, has started a petition on change.org which aims to try and convince FOX and Warner Bros to keep the show running. Braganza has come up with five potential options to keep the show running;
1) Don’t end it with Season 5. Maybe move it to another network after Season 5.
2) Call it something like Season 10 or Season 20 so that it feels like the end but it could make a comeback to continue the story in-between Season 4 and the end and could continue later on another network or be renewed on Fox itself.
3) Make separate shows for few or at least one of the best villains (same Gotham actors probably the Penguin) and merge it back into Gotham when it can be revived.
4) Drop Gotham Season 5 from Fox and take time to find a better solution to #KeepGothamGoing. Fans can wait. (Maybe this is not possible because the Fox schedule has already been fixed)
5) Like I said above make a separate network for DC shows or urge DC to make one. There are a more DC shows coming up. And there are lots of animated DC movies/series that could run on it. The #CWNetwork could probably help with this.
Keep Gotham Going
Braganza is petitioning directly to the Executive Producer of the show, Bruno Heller. Coming up with the creative hashtag #KeepGothamGoing, Braganza has asked Heller to let fans know if there’s anything they can do by using that hashtag. With the large following that Gotham has, should this petition get a large amount of signatures the show may continue, in some form. While FOX and Warner Bros are unlikely to change their minds, we may see a spin-off series or two.
What are your thoughts on season five being the final season of Gotham? Sound off in the comments below.