Just as DC has been working with writers to help them hone their craft in this field, they’ve been doing the same for artists since last year.
The Artist Workshop is part of DC’s Talent Development program and takes place at their Burbank office. It will be a two-week course, led by Andy Kubert, Jim Lee, and Klaus Jansen, witha coloring class led by Alex Sinclair.
From 1100 artists who applied to participate, 8 of them were chosen:
- Oscar Bazaldua (from Mexico; first work for DC is Suicide Squad: El Diablo and Boomerang #1 and #2)
- Minkyu Jung (from South Korea; recent Kubert School graduate; completing first DC work with Gotham Academy #18, Batgirl #52)
- Sam Lofti (from Texas; previous work includes Public Relations, Painkiller Jane)
- Matt Merhoff (from California, previous work includes Devil’s Due, Hack/Slash)
- Ibrahim Moustafa (from Portland; Eisner-nominated artist for High Crimes with DC Writer’s Workshop alum Chris Sebela; first work for DC is Flash: Season Zero #12, Doctor Fate #13
- Siya Oum (from Seattle; previous work includes Lola XOXO)
- Lalit Sharma (from India; previous work includes various titles for Campfire graphic novels, Zenescope and Raj Comics)
- Lynne Yoshii (from New York; School of Visual Arts graduate; former Marvel editor)
This year’s graduates of the Writer Workshop along with a few alumni from the Artist Workshop are now being featured in New Talent Showcase, out November 30th.