Regarding the delay of Batman vs. Superman, rumors pertaining to potential plot spoilers have arisen. There is a plethora of possibilities as to why a film’s production might be delayed — bad weather, actor deaths, film budget issues, and etc. However, could Man of Steel 2 have been pushed back due to a spoiler leak?
Here’s a rumor as to why Batman vs. Superman/Man of Steel 2 may have been delayed: someone from the film’s art department, in addition to others, spilled the beans about major plot points, thus spoiling the film for those whose ears caught wind of the words. If you don’t wish to have the film potentially spoiled for you, then do not read any further.
Potential Spoilers for Batman vs. Superman/Man of Steel 2 include plot points, villains, deaths, characters, and more, and are as follows:
Seriously…SPOILER ALERT (maybe)!!!!!!!!
Movie Pilot shared this information:
- The villains are Lex Luthor and Metallo
- Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city
- Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He’s there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish
- Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.
- Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.
- Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them
- The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton’s
- Lois is investigating Lex.
- Metallo “kills” Clark
- The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes
- At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.
Regarding the accuracy or truth of the rumored spoilers, Movie Pilot said:
We can’t confirm that there was anyone fired, which would make these rumors seem more plausible, but it does appear that some things have “moved on” – one of those things, perhaps, being the draft of the script. I really hope there is a whole lot more to the current script than these rumors indicate, otherwise, good luck to DC with this Universe and competing with the Marvel Machine.
Perhaps new rumors or information, either factual or non-factual, will surface in the near future. For now, we can all mull over these potential spoilers. Regardless of whether or not these spoilers hold any accuracy, one may logically deduce that said spoilers may not ring true for the film, which, as mentioned earlier, has been pushed to May 2016. If the spoiler rumors are true, we can assume that some or all data pertaining to the spoilers will be re-written or altered via future iterations of the screenplay. Or not.
Source: Movie Pilot