Injustice: Gods Among Us, the video game will be coming out later in 2013, but the comic book title will be coming out much sooner to tell the story of heroes vs. heroes in the New World Order. Click the jump to see more.
Injustice: Gods Among Us has been given a lot of raves for it’s Mortal Kombat style of fighting as well as multiple levels of sceneries in one fighting match. The best thing about the game is that the DC Comics superheroes go up against each other. But what brought about this event where the world’s superheroes are at each other’s throats. According to Tom Taylor (writer of Legends of the Dark Knight and Injustice: Gods Among Us) is excited to write the events that take place for the DC heroes to go at odds with each other. Taylor held an interview with IGN to address what to expect from this comic book title:
- The story begins 5 years before the superheroes fight against each other.
- Everything begins from a happy place and goes to a darker place where there is a New World Order.
- No superhero is safe in Injustice according to Taylor, “Nothing and no one is safe or sacred in our series.”
- Each issue will have 10 pages each and the issues will be considered chapters.
- Each superhero will have a one-shot in each chapter.
So, what you should be expecting are 10 page issues every Tuesday, digitally. If you’re interested only in the printed version of the comic book, this will come out at the end of the month with at least 20 pages (2 chapters) worth of story. There is a major possibility that some superheroes will die to invoke the Injustice event so anyone can be killed in this universe. For each issue, there will only be a focus on one to two characters, so there might be either team ups or versus. Please note, that this comic book title is contained within its own universe and will not be involved in The New 52’s universe.