Following on from the announcement that Chip Zdarsky, Jorge Jimenez, and Tomeu Morey will be taking over as the creative team on the ongoing Batman title, DC Comics has revealed the covers and some story details for “Failsafe”, the first story arc under the book’s new management, beginning in Batman #125.
Batman #125 – A Host of Incredible Covers
to Celebrate A New Creative Team and Story Arc!
To celebrate the debut of fan-favorite writer Chip Zdarsky and the return of artists Jorge Jiménez and Tomeu Morey, DC has revealed an incredible selection of covers for their debut issue (#125), on sale July 5.
Featuring a main wraparound cover by series artist Jiménez, these variant covers are rendered by some of the most celebrated and dynamic artists in comics, including:
- Main Cover by Jorge Jimenez
- Open to buy variant cover by DC Publishing and Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee
- Open to buy variant cover by InHyuk Lee
- Open to buy variant cover by Gabriele Dell’Otto
- An acetone variant cover by Simone di Meo
- A 1 in 25 black and white variant of the main cover by Jorge Jimenez
- A 1 in 50 variant cover by JOCK
- A 1 in 125 foil variant cover by Alex Garner
- A 1 in 250 variant cover by series writer Chip Zdarsky
- A 1 in 500 black and white variant cover of Jim Lee’s variant
Zdarsky, Jiménez, and Morey take The Dark Knight into uncharted waters this summer with their debut story arc, “Failsafe”.
Bruce Wayne is at a turning point, haunted by dreams of a dark future, while Gotham City billionaires are being gruesomely murdered. With the discovery of an archenemy’s involvement and a tragedy unfolding, the Dark Knight’s nightmares are just beginning.
Batman has a plan for everything, but can even he plan for the horror that is Failsafe?
In the backup story, there’s chaos in Gotham as the underworld fights over one of its crown jewels…and Selina Kyle is caught in the middle. Can she stop the bloodshed and maybe even make a little money in the process?
Batman #125 will be released on Tuesday, July 5 at local comic book shops and participating digital platforms. Remember to check your local store for details on pre-ordering.
Images and Press Release Courtesy of DC Entertainment