Right, what’s all this, then?
It’s time for fans to revisit Batman: Gotham By Gaslight.
This is the must have portrait for anyone who ever wrote a fanfic about Bruce Wayne courting Eliza Doolittle. No other historical setting aligns with the mythos of Gotham City quite like Victorian London. Its elegant drawing rooms and charming cobblestones giving way to squalid slums and fog choked alleys; the perfect hunting grounds of history’s most notorious killer… and the Batman!
Blimey, it’s the Batman!
That’s probably why DC Comics made Batman: Gotham By Gaslight the very first Elseworlds tale, way back in 1989, and now fans of that trendsetting tale, and the 2018 DC Animated Movie it inspired, can let go of their stodgy sensibilities with this vision of Batman’s gothic adventure.
Artist Richard Luong’s Caped Crusader appears perfectly at ease among the chimneys, spires and shadows of gas-lit Gotham City, and there’s no doubt he’ll look even better in the chambers of collectors with more refined taste.
Batman: Gotham By Gaslight Print details:
- Officially licensed by DC Comics
- Limited edition of 400
- 18 x 24” fine art giclée print
- 100% cotton, acid-free, certified archival matte Museo Rag 300GSM
- Epson archival inks
- An authorized, automated penciled signature
- Embossed seal of authenticity
- *Print is wrapped and hand-rolled in acid free paper, inserted in a protective plastic sleeve, and shipped in a 4” diameter tube*
Images and Press Release Courtesy of Sideshow Collectibles