Batman Day is always a cause for celebration in the Dark Knight News offices, as great new comics, collections, books, toys, and games come out at this time. Fans in the U.K. have even greater cause to celebrate this year, as the Batman Unmasked event will hit their capital city, like a punch from the Caped Crusader himself!
Here’s the full press release, direct from Warner Bros. UK:
BATMAN DAY 2023: INTRODUCING BATMAN UNMASKED
This Batman Day is shaping up to be our biggest yet!
A UK first-of-its-kind Batman immersive pop-up is to open its doors
for an exclusive run of three days from 15th – 17th September.
“The ticketed event marks the annual, global Batman Day, as well as celebrating the 15th anniversary of The Dark Knight film release, Warner Bros’ 100th anniversary, and ahead of the 85th anniversary of DC’s most iconic Super Hero, Batman in 2024. Tickets will be released via See Tickets from midday (UK time) on Friday, August 25th.
Batman Unmasked is set to take fans on a fascinating journey through the Caped Crusader’s legendary history, descending into an immersive Batcave and showcasing releases spanning from 1989 to 2022 including Batman (1989), Batman Forever (1995), Batman & Robin (1997), Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), The Dark Knight Rises (2012), Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Justice League (2017) and The Batman (2022).
“Alongside Batcycles from The Dark Knight (2008) and The Batman (2022), it will feature props and costumes that have never been seen together, and that were used by Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck, and Robert Pattinson.
Ahead of The Joker coming back to the big screen in 2024 in the highly anticipated Joker: Folie à Deux, fans will also be able to explore The Joker zone which is a celebration of the notorious Super-Villain. Two of Heath Ledger’s costumes from The Dark Knight (2008) will be displayed in the UK for the first time ever, as well as Joaquin Phoenix’s costume from Joker (2019), alongside iconic props.
“Tickets will also be available to book for a family day on Sunday 17th September which will include face painting and themed activities.
Warner Bros and DC are committed to ensuring an inclusive and accessible experience for everyone. The event is fully accessible to wheelchair users. If you have any specific requirements, please email us at email@example.com.”
Batman Unmasked – Key Information:
– The event will take place at 180 Piccadilly, London W1J 9ER. The nearest stations to the venue are Green Park and Piccadilly Circus
– Tickets available on 25th August with an admin charge of £3.50 per ticket
– Each guest can reserve up to 5 tickets
– Tickets can be returned and reallocated subject to availability
– There is no age limit, but guests under 16 will need to be accompanied by an adult. You may be asked to show a photo ID on arrival if you look under 25
– The total event lasts around 30 minutes
– You will receive an email ticket with your allocated date and time, which you will need to show on arrival
– Please note there will be lighting and sound effects throughout the space – if you may have an adverse reaction to this, let a member of staff know on arrival
– There are elements of the event where you may be in a confined space – if you may have an adverse reaction to this, let a member of staff know on arrival
– We will not be serving food and drink
– Guests are asked not to bring plastic bottles of water or food
– At certain times face painters will be on site. Please be aware that the face paint being used might not be suitable for those with allergies or sensitive skin. Parental permission is required for anyone under 16
– There will not be toilet facilities on site
– There will not be cloakroom facilities on site, and all patrons are kindly asked not to bring large suitcases or bags. Only A4-size bags will be permitted entry to the venue.
– Security bag checks will be in operation.
– Please be aware that commercial filming and photography may be taking place over the course of this event and by entering the experience, you consent to being filmed and photographed
– The event organizer shall remain entitled to remove anyone from the venue who is under the influence of drugs, highly intoxicated, or conducting themselves in a manner that the event organizer deems inappropriate.
– Any guests found in possession of illegal substances or weapons will be reported to the police
– The event organizers do not accept responsibility for personal property lost, stolen or damaged during the event
– The organizers reserve the right to refuse admission at their own discretion
– Guests will not be granted re-entry once they leave the event
‘Batman Unmasked’ is wheelchair accessible. Do be aware that the experience makes use of lighting and sound effects, and portions of it take place in confined spaces. If you are likely to have an adverse reaction to these factors you should let staff know upon arrival.”
How amazing does this event sound?!? Maybe we’ll see you there!
Images and Press Release Courtesy of Warner Bros. UK