With the Hong Kong Toy Fair coming up in just a few months, we should expect a few new additions to our toy collections, right? Well, Hot Toys is ready to add to your collection, if you manage to nab these figures in Hong Kong this October.
A few days ago, the makers of highly-detailed collectible figures, Hot Toys, announced their exclusive Toy Fair figures. Two of which of are very relevant to our interests.
Hot Toys had a pretty successful line of Batman v Superman figures. Apparently, they ain’t done yet! What was apparently missing was a figure for the Batfleck covered in sand, traipsing about a post-apocalyptic world, beaten by Superman soldiers and Parademons. Hot Toys is announcing the Knightmare Batman 1/6 scale collectible figure.
Check it out:
Peep the close-up shots of his gun. If you examine the photo you’ll see a Joker card duct-taped to it. That’s such an interesting little detail that I didn’t notice when I first saw the movie. Cool, huh?
Here are the details:
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
The Knightmare Batman Sixth Scale Figure special features include:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Knightmare Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- One (1) Batman head with three (3) interchangeable lower part of faces capturing Ben Affleck’s facial expressions
- Approximately 32 cm tall.
- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulation which can naturally portray Batman’s muscular body in the film.
- Highly-detailed desert weathering effects.
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
– One (1) pair of fists
– One (1) pair of relaxed hands
– Two (2) weapon holding right hands
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) speically tailored Batsuit
- One (1) light-brown colored long coat
- One (1) brown colored scarf
- One (1) brown colored scarf for covering lower face
- One (1) utility belt
- One (1) thigh holster
- One (1) pair of black forearm gauntlets with green arm wraps
- One (1) pair of dark green pants with knee pads
- One (1) pair of black boots
- One (1) machine gune with strap and The Joker’s card
- One (1) pistol
- One (1) pair of goggles
- One (1) pair of binoculars
- Specially designed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice themed figure stand with Knightmare Batman nameplate and movie logo.
This figure can be pre-ordered via Sideshow Toy for $239.99
As teased back in May, Hot Toys is announcing the Joker 1/6 Scale figure from the upcoming Suicide Squad. And it really looks like Jared Leto.
Check it out:
The figure actually does look like Jared Leto and the likeness is pretty breathtaking. I do love that this is just one version of the Joker in such an iconic location in the BatUniverse. Considering how many versions of Batman there were in the BvS line and that Joker seems to have approximately 80 costume changes based on the few scenes we’ve seen, there will likely be other figures. Maybe a Club Joker wearing the neon, glow-in-the-dark, purple trenchcoat or the tuxedo-clad Joker wielding straight razors and guns. Sounds fun.
Check the details below:
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version) Sixth Scale Figure’s speical features include:
- Newly sculpted head sculpt with authentic likeness of Jaren Leto at The Joker in Suicide Squad.
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed tattoos, make-up and skin texture.
- Body with over 30 points of articulation.
- Approximately 29.5 cm tall.
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands.
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted.
- One (1) finely tailored straightjacket with weathering effects.
- One (1) pair of navy colored Arkham Asylum pants.
- One (1) Joker’s card
- One (1) chair
- Diamond shaped figure stand with The Joker nameplate, movie logo, and Arkham Asylum backdrop
This figure can also be pre-ordered via Sideshow Toy for a slightly cheaper price of $219.99.
Both are pretty darn pricey, but definitely worth having in your collection.
As mentioned multiple times in this article so far, both are available at Hong Kong Toy Fair in October, or you can pre-order them to be shipped anywhere between September to October 2016.