For those of you who have caught the infectious hype for Justice League vs. Teen Titans, we’ve got some details that should help increase your fervor. The release date and details regarding the home release just hit the Interwebz. I will give you a moment to celebrate.
The Teen Titans will be making their explosive debut in the DC Animated cinematic universe on March 29th, 2016 digitally and then DVD and Blu-Ray on April 12th, 2016.
Also, here’s the cover:
Some epic artwork there.
The DVD special features are a little lacking, only providing a preview of the next upcoming DC animated feature. The Blu-ray version, however, has all the goodies.
- An exclusive sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie.
- Featurette – “Growing Up Titan” – The Teen Titans have fascinated readers for over 50 years due in part to their stories of valor, as well as earning empathy with comic book readers during their own trials growing up into adulthood. This documentary spotlights the importance of young voices in the DC Comics mythology, giving generations of readers a team of heroes that mirror their own life experiences.
- Featurette – “Heroes and Villains – Raven” – She is the daughter of one of DC Comics’ greatest villains, the demon Trigon. Raven is a powerful telepath who uses her soul-self as a means for astral projection. She is integral to the Teen Titans. This documentary is her story.
- Featurette – “Heroes and Villains – Trigon – The most fearsome and evil opponent the Teen Titans have encountered is this inter-dimensional demon. Trigon uses his immortality to shape worlds and exact his control. This documentary introduces the character and how he raises the stakes for the Teen Titans.
- From the DC Comics Vault – Two Classic Episodes of DC Comics cartoons
Those featurettes seem pretty darn interesting, meant to introduce non-comic book fans to the Titans. I’m not the most passionate Teen Titans fan, but I do love a good misunderstanding in the comic book universe. We all benefit from those.
This is turning out to be a good year for the DC’s animated movies.