As a privileged console user, I’ve had access to Batman: Arkham Knight since its release and have therefore been playing it with glee these past few months. PC users, unfortunately, haven’t had the same luxury. If you’ve been a bad Batfan, then you likely weren’t aware that during the launch of Arkham Knight, the PC port was wrought with problems that literally made the game unplayable. It was possibly one of the worst PC launches for a high profile game in gaming history. WB had to pull the plug on online sales just hours after its release. Since then, they’ve been working on repairing the problems, barely providing updates for loyal customers.
Good news, everyone. It’s the moment for which you’ve been waiting! Well, mostly for members of the PC Master Race. Batman: Arkham Knight is finally returning to Steam! Yay! Now, we can all be the Batman! You guys have seriously been missing out.
The re-release for Rocksteady’s final entry into the Arkhamverse has been scheduled for 10AM PST, on October 28th. Just three days away! Along with the date, Steam has announced that a patch will be released that brings the game up-to-date with its console counterparts. The announcement also details exactly to which content Season Pass holders will have access.
Check it out below:
At 10 am PDT, Oct. 28th, Batman: Arkham Knight will be re-released for the PC platform. At the same time we’ll also be releasing a patch that brings the PC version fully up-to-date with content that has been released for console (with the exception of console exclusives).
This means that next week, all PC players will have access to Photo Mode, Big Head Mode, Batman: Arkham Asylum Batman Skin, and character selection in combat AR challenges. Season Pass holders will have access to all content released since launch, including:
• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #1
o Financial Crash
o Assault on GCPD
o Teen Titan
o Cat’s Conundrum
o Newton’s Cradle
• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #2
o High Interest
o Sky High
o Feline Frenzy
o Armored Assault
o Flying Grayson
• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3
o Chemical Reaction
o Stage Fright
o Cauldron Speedway TT
Batmobile Race Tracks
• Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Track #1: Batcave Set
• Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Track #2: Penguin’s Dockyard
• 1989 Movie Batmobile Track #1: Cobblepot’s Causeway
• 1989 Movie Batmobile Track #2: Joker Parade
• 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Track #1: Ashes
• 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Track #2: Cataclysm
Arkham Episodes Story Packs
• Batgirl: A Matter of Family
• Red Hood Story Pack
• Harley Quinn Story Pack
• GCPD Lockdown starring Nightwing
Skins & Batmobiles
• Batman Flashpoint Skin
• Arkham Origins Batman Skin
• Iconic Gray & Black Batman Skin
• 1990s Catwoman Skin
• 1970s Batman Skin
• One Year Later Robin Skin
• 1989 Movie Batman Skin
• 1st Appearance Batman Skin
• Dark Knight Returns Batman Skin
• Batman Beyond Skin
• Original Arkham Nightwing Skin
• Original Arkham Batman Skin
• Classic TV Series Catwoman Skin
• Classic TV Series Robin Skin
• 1989 Movie Batmobile
• 2008 Tumbler Batmobile
• 1960s TV series Batmobile
• Prototype Batmobile
• 1970s Batmobile Skin
We want to give particular thanks to the members of the PC community who took the time to give us clear, detailed feedback and bug reporting.
Now, get out there and Be The Batman!
– Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Although I consider this to be fantastic news, as my PC Batfans are now able to play a damn great game, the comments section to the announcement are less than pleased. WB, unfortunately, hasn’t offered any compensation for messing up and forcing their fanbase to wait. I just hope that WB is just focused on getting the game out now and providing compensation later.