We’re thrilled to announce that more big guests will be appearing at Motor City Comic Con 2015. Gotham’s own Selina Kyle, Camren Bicondova, has been confirmed to be in attendance. Also of note are Breaking Bad alums Giancarlo Esposito and Mark Margolis. Batfans will also recognize Esposito from his portrayals of Ra’s al Ghul and Black Spider in the animated moves Son of Batman and Batman: Assault on Arkham, respectively. Get the full details concerning these guests and more in the press release below.
RESPECT THE CHEMISTRY…MOTOR CITY COMIC CON
SYNTHESIZES TWO OF BREAKING BAD’S LARGEST VILLAINS, GIANCARLO ESPOSITO AND MARK MARGOLIS
Tickets available for the May 15-17 event, featuring more guests than ever before
Novi, MI (April 8, 2015) – Better call Saul! Motor City Comic Con, Michigan’s largest pop-culture event, takes no half measures to welcome the AMC series Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito, who played “Gustavo ‘Gus’ Fring,” and Mark Margolis, who played “Tio Salamanca,” to its 26th annual event, May 15 – 17, at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi. Event tickets and VIP passes can be purchased by visitinghttp://www.motorcitycomiccon.com/new-tix/.
Best known for his role in Breaking Bad, Esposito previously starred in ABC’s Once Upon A Time and NBC’s Law & Order, as well as films such as Malcom X and King of New York. Margolis has also been in numerous critically acclaimed films, including Requiem for a Dream, The Wrestler and Black Swan, and a number of television shows, including FX’s American Horror Story: Asylum and NBC’s Law & Order.
This year’s event features the most comic and media guests to date, including:
· Camren Bicondova: Bicondova is most known for playing the role of “Selina Kyle” a.k.a. “Catwoman” on the FOX series Gotham. Motor City Comic Con is her first signing convention appearance.
· Chandler Riggs: Riggs portrays the character “Carl Grimes” on the AMC series The Walking Dead and has also appeared in the film Get Low.
· Daniel Bonjour: Run, don’t walk. Bonjour plays “Aiden Monroe” in AMC’s The Walking Dead. He has also appeared in the films Midnight Movie and Dragonquest.
· Michael Rowe: Rowe’s most notable role is “Floyd Lawton,” a.k.a. “Deadshot,” from the CW series Arrow. His character is the world’s deadliest marksman and member of the Suicide Squad.
· David Morrissey: The Governor is coming to Comic Con! Morrissey portrays the villainous character on AMC’sThe Walking Dead. His acting roles span from films, such as The Reaping, to television series, such as CBS’ Extant,opposite Halle Berry.
· Chad Coleman: Coleman is known for his role as “Dennis ‘Cutty’ Wise” in the HBO series The Wire and “Tyrese” in AMC’s The Walking Dead. He has also appeared in television shows, such as FOX’s I Hate My Teenage Daughter and films, such as The Green Hornet.
· Denis O’Hare: Before becoming an award-winning actor, O’Hare grew up in Southfield, Mich., and attended Brother Rice High School in Bloomfield Hills, Mich. His most notable roles to come out of the coffin include vampire “Russell Edgington” in HBO’s True Blood and “Larry Harvey,” “Spalding” and “Stanley” in FX’s American Horror Story: Murder House, Coven and Freak Show. His film credits include Milk and The Dallas Buyers Club.
· Ken Kirzinger: Kirzinger portrayed the iconic character “Jason Voorhees” in Freddy vs. Jason alongside Robert Englund. He has also appeared in Wrong Turn 2: Dead End and Joy Ride 3: Road Kill.
· Vivica A. Fox: Fox got her big break in the two 1996 films Independence Day and Set It Off. Since then, she has had roles in popular films, such as Soul Food, Kill Bill, Sharknado 2: The Second One and Juwanna Man, as well as television shows, including NBC’s Law & Order and HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm.
· Mike Mayhew: Mayhew is a world-renowned illustrator who has worked on comic pages for DC Comics and Marvel Comics. He has also produced film licensing art for FOX’s Fantastic Four and Warner Brother’s Superman Returns. His work can be seen in comics’ biggest titles including Marvel’s Avengers and DC Comic’s Justice League.
· Joe Prado: Prado began working in Brazil on Brazilian comics. In 2004, he worked on several American comics, such as DC Comics Superman, Green Lantern, Teen Titans among others. He is a partner and talent manager of Chiaroscuro Studios, representing a number of comic book artists.
· Ivan Reis: Reis began his international career for Dark Horse Comics. He has also worked for Vertigo, Marvel Comics (Iron Man, The Avengers), DC Comics (Teen Titans, Superman) and more.
· Katie Cook: Cook is a comic writer and artist born in Michigan. She is currently working on her creator-owned book, as well as IDW’s My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. She has also done work for Marvel and LucasFilm.
Additional media and comic guests will continue to be announced leading up to the event. Motor City Comic Con takes place on Friday, May 15 (12:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.), Saturday, May 16 (10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.) and Sunday, May 17 (10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). For complete event information including the Cosplay contest, Saturday Night Bash and Sunday Kids Day, visit www.motorcitycomiccon.com.