Synopsis: “ZERO YEAR” reaches an all-important crossroads as Batman and Jim Gordon try to turn the lights back on in Gotham City. This issue leads directly into the final arc of Zero Year!
Batman #27 kicks ass! Here’s why:
- Batman is trapped, and doesn’t escape like usual
- The police foil his plans, seriously hurting him in the process
- Whatever your feelings for Jim Gordon from the last issue, scratch that… you were wrong
- Alfred oozes similarities to Michael Caine
- A shot of Batman on a power line looks VERY familiar
- Just when you think we have to wait another issue until we see the Riddler…
- Ends on a cliffhanger
That enough for you? I won’t go into anymore details than that, JUST in case you’re still debating on this issue. Look, there is no reason you should doubt Scott Snyder. His stuff is proving awesome, and this run may top his best (Death of the Family). He knows what he’s doing, and every issue is building onto something larger than we can imagine. This story is well written, the art isn’t what you expect yet always has you coming back for more, and the characters remain the same yet do something to surprise you every time.
Why are you still reading this? Go buy Batman #27!