A source in the DC Entertainment camp is spilling on several details regarding the Man of Steel sequel as well as Justice League.
I really believed the rumor mill was done churning out the ridiculous for the time being… man, I was so naive. It’s the Internet and websites will always do anything to get their hands on what’s believed to be inside information to ensure a certain number of hits. Despite the fact that there is absolutely no weight to any of the following updates, I feel like I can trust the source. Though for the sake of journalistic integrity, don’t take my word for it, take this canister of salt instead.
First off, it looks like Kaley Cuoco may have a role in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel. Cuoco is most famous for her role of Penny, the hot neighbor who lives across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon in the comic book advocating TV show known as The Big Bang Theory. CosmicBookNews is speculating this may have to do with the rumor that Mercy Graves will be appearing in the flick and/or the rumor of Batfleck having a girlfriend. I’ve always enjoyed Cuoco’s work in BBT, but considering that I’ve yet to see her in any other role, I can’t vouch for whether or not she’d be any good outside of Penny. But anything is possible, Cuoco has a lot of potential to surprise me.
Getting into some of the nitty gritty stuff, the source has confirmed that the Man of Steel sequel will NOT be called World’s Finest, with WB opting instead for Batman vs. Superman or Superman vs. Batman. Apparently, anything that implies an inevitable fight between the two titans is more financially viable. Disappointing, but understandable. Their source has confirmed that Lex Luthor will be in the sequel with, as stated prevously, Mercy Graves. The first draft of a script, written by David S. Goyer, is completed and expected to undergo revisions, some possibly done by Christopher Nolan, but the source makes sure to specify that Nolan will have a lot less input in this movie.
Now as far as the Justice League live-action movie is concerned, their source seems pretty certain that Zack Snyder will be directing it as well as co-write the story with David S. Goyer, who is expected to start on a treatment for it as soon as Batman vs. Superman gets in front of cameras. It seems DC wants to start shooting Justice League in early 2016, with a mid-2017 release date.
Let’s recap in case that was tl;dr:
- Kaley Cuoco may be in Batman vs. Superman
- Definitely not called World’s Finest, will be either Batman vs. Superman or Superman vs. Batman for commercial purposes
- Lex Luthor and Mercy Graves will be in the movie
- David S. Goyer is finished with the first draft of Batman vs. Superman and the script is expected to undergo revisions
- Christopher Nolan is expected to provide notes on the script, but will not be as involved as he was on Man of Steel
- Zack Snyder will direct Justice League
- Snyder is expected to co-write the story with David S. Goyer
- As soon as they start shooting Batman vs. Superman, Goyer will begin work on a treatment for Justice League
- DC wants to start shooting Justice League in early 2016 and is pushing to release it in mid-2017
I can’t stress this enough: None of this has been confirmed with any official source. Best be sure to always keep the salt nearby when reading these posts.
Excited about the possibility of Kaley Cuoco? What about Zack Snyder for Justice League? Are you as disappointed in the title choice as I am? Let me know.
Source – CosmicBookNews.com