Indie Filmmaker, Brett Culp focuses on the fans of batman in the new documentary called Legends of the Knight, which will try to capture the impact of Batman and how this modern myth has affected our culture. Here’s the press release:
While Batman fans await the summer blockbuster The Dark Knight Rises, filmmaker Brett Culp is turning the camera on them. His documentary film Legends of the Knight will tell the stories of people who have been inspired by the legacy and tales of Batman.
Well-known Batfans who have confirmed their participation in this project include:
- Michael Uslan – executive producer of Batman, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, & The Dark Knight Rises
- Denny O’Neil – legendary Batman writer
- Rabbi Cary Friedman – author, Wisdom from the Batcave
- Dr. Travis Langley – author, Batman & Psychology; teacher of university course in psychology called Batman
- Gotham Chopra – co-author, Seven Spiritual Laws of Superheroes; son of best-selling author Deepak Chopra
“Human beings have always been stirred to greatness by the tales of heroes,” Culp said. “We connect with Batman because he is the super hero with no super powers. Just as he has committed himself to making the world better, we can dedicate ourselves to a noble cause and make a difference. This type of inspiration is a core function of storytelling in society.”
The production team for Legends of the Knight is now raising funds for production costs through crowdfunding. The 40-day funding campaign gives supporters of the project the opportunity to pre-order copies of the finished film and other incentives as a way of funding this documentary project.
LINK to funding campaign: Indie GoGo
Release date will be early 2013.
Official website: Legends of the Knight